To support Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) we are running a Photographic Competition for amateur photographers.
We are looking for photographs which capture the essence of our Parish over the four seasons. The competition begins in March 2017 and will run for 12 months. Up to four photographs a month can be submitted in one of five categories:
- Places special to you
- Things that unique in the parish
There will be an open competition for everyone and a separate competition for under 16’s. To submit a photograph send it to .
Every month the best three photos submitted that month will be selected to forward to a Grand Finale Competition. This will take place at the end of the year with an exhibition where the overall winners will be announced and prizes presented. The competition is governed by some simple rules.
All entries will be published on Instagram and monthly winners will be posted on our Facebook pages.
- Entrants can submit up to 4 photos per month. If you are under 16 then please note this in the email.
- Copyright for all images will remain with the respective entrants.
- The photographer should agree, unconditionally, that the photographs submitted may be exhibited and that the parish council and NDP group may reproduce any of the images for the purposes of promotion, marketing, discussion and education, including publications, postcards, posters, the internet etc
- The photographer will be credited for the use of their work.
- A statement must be issued to say that the entry is the photographer’s own work.
- Each entry must state when and where the photo was taken and an identifier tag added to the digital image.
- Photos submitted must be taken after January 2016.
- Photos can be black and white or colour
- Images must be provided as a digital file. At least 300dpi, and at least 2500 pixels on the longest side. (if you have a newish phone or camera this should not be a concern). The files should be provided as .jpg .tiff .psd or .png and sent as an attachment to