Housing and Design is one of the most important areas of any Neighbourhood Plan. On the 23rd September 9:00-13:00 we are holding a workshop in which we will focus on framing the design and development policies for the Goudhurst’s Neighbourhood Plan.
In the workshop you will look at the types of housing we need in Goudhurst, how to decide where we put new development and our preferences for scale and design. At this workshop you will decide:
- How development should be managed in Goudhurst
- Types housing we need in the Parish
- Our preference for scale
- Identify our design criteria
- Site selection and where we put new development
These decisions will set the pattern of development in the community over the next 15 years.
This workshop will be held in Goudhurst Parish Hall on the 23rd September starting at 9:00 am and finishing around 1:00 pm.
This will be an interactive session and will use the information gathered in the questionnaire to drive the meeting agenda.
- 9:00 – Registration & refreshments
- 9:15 – Welcome and Introductions
- 9:20 – Review the Plan Vision and Objectives
- 9:30 – How does the local plan impact our process
- 9:45 – Your community – how many houses/people/shops etc. do we have in our community
- 10:00 – NDP questionnaire – how do we use the results?
- 10:15 – Other evidence and constraints
- 10:30 – What are the issues – identify our issues
- 11:00 – Break
- 11:15 – What can we do to address our issues?
- 11:45 – Identify options to address our issues
- 12:15 – Review options
- 12:30 – Q&A
- 12:50 – Sum-up and next steps.
The results will be published on the website and in posters around the village.
This will be followed by two further workshops:
- Traffic and Economy – 7th October Kilndown Village Hall
- Landscape and Community – 21st October Kilndown Village Hall