We are running a Photographic Competition for amateur photographers. The competition will support the development of Goudhurst’s Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) and pictures from the competition will be used in the final document.
We live in a wonderful area that changes with the seasons and we are looking for photographs tht capture the essence of our Parish over the whole year. The competition begins in March and will run for 12 months until February 2018.
- March Photo Competition
- April Photo Competition
- May Photo Competition
- June Photo Competition
- July Photo Competition
- August Photo Competition
- September Photo Competition
- October Photo Competition
- November Photo Competition
- December Photo Competition
- January Photo Competition
- February Photo Competition (so far)
We are interested in all photographs but you will need to submit them under any one of five categories.
- Places special to you
- Things unique in the parish
You will be able to submit up to four pictures each month.
Every month the best submitted that month will be selected to go forward to a Grand Final at the end of the year. There will be an exhibition where the overall winners will be announced and prizes presented. The competition is governed by some simple rules.
All entries will be published on this site Instagram #GoudhurstPhoto and monthly winners will be posted on our Facebook pages.
- Entrants can submit up to 4 photos per month. Age to be advised if under 16
- Copyright for all images will remain with the respective entrants.
- The photographer should agree, unconditionally, that the photographs submitted may be exhibited and that the parish council and NDP group may reproduce any of the images for the purposes of promotion, marketing, discussion and education, including publications, postcards, posters, the internet etc
- The photographer will be credited for the use of their work.
- A statement must be issued to say that the entry is the photographer’s own work.
- Each entry must state when and where the photo was taken and an identifier tag added to the digital image.
- Photos submitted must be taken after January 2016.
- Photos can be black and white or colour
- Images must be provided as a digital file initially. At least 300dpi, and at least 2500 pixels on the longest side. (if you have a newish phone or camera this should not be a concern. The files should be provided as .jpg .tiff .psd or .png and sent as an attachment to